Sunday, June 15, 2008

Plains Severe Wind Day; Matt and Me's Communication Error

This is the first time I've ever seen a PDS watch be put out under a Severe T'storm Watch area before, but I have heard this isn't the first time. Normally PDS watches are associated with Tornado Watches. The SPC is saying that a MCS system is going through the watched area (you can see the radar with the watch outline above) and can cause winds in excess of 90 mph +! That strength of winds could cause a house to lose alot of its shingles and be capable of bringing down large, strong trees. I'll have more updates from this event and also add the storm report maop later on. But as for us, we are looking currently at sunny skies and temps. in the 80's. We stand a chance at seeing some showers and storms tomorrow from a weak cold front, but those chances are at 30% at best right now.

As you can see, Matt didn't put up an evening post last night. It wasn't his fault, it was mine for communication error. I thought he had his information he needed to have done, but we got confused and when I know for sure he is going to be able to do his first post...I'll tell ya'll. I hopefully won't cry wolf a second time.

No comments: