Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Outflow Boundary on Radar

Here's the outflow boundary (circled in blue) from looking at the Old Hickory radar at the NWS office on the weatherunderground radar. I circled the red around the storms that have fired due to the outflow boundary. We should expect more storms to fire as this boundary moves southeastward.

UPDATE: The outflow boundary passed the Highland Rim Station at around 8:50 this morning. It brought with it some noticeable wind and GREAT looking clouds. I don't know what clouds they where, but they looked "bumpy" which gives me an idea that they may have been Mammatus clouds, but am still unsure. I hope we see more action later on when the storms fire during the heat of the day.

4 comments:

Matt Brawner said...

Yup Charles, probably mammatus. If you took a picture, post it. I'll put it on the website if you e-mail them to me.

Charles Loring said...

I didn't take a picture. Shoot! I only took a video of them. It looked great though.

Michael Detwiler said...

Charles..have you checked your CoCoRaHS rain gauge today? How much did you all receive? Did you fill out an intense precip report?

Charles Loring said...

Thanks for reminding me Mike. I got .3" yesterday. I've still got to check today's intense total.