Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hurricane Dolly's Landfall; Tennessee Afternoon Storms

While Matt is working on giving us a radar map up. Thanks Matt! It looks like Hurricane Dolly has made landfall JUST north of Jim Cantore and Julie Martin in Port Isabel, TX. The storm is at Cat. 2 strength with winds up too 100 mph like I forecasted they would be at this moment. There have been numerous reports of damage in the South Padre Islands regions and as well in Brownsville, TX.
This image is from the weatherunderground radar as well, and it shows the storms that have begun to fire in southern and western Mid. TN. This should be the current trend of what to expect today, but I can't rule out an isolated shower/t'shower for places north of I-40.

5 comments:

MTWC said...

What kind of radar software?

Charles Loring said...

That's a great question, I have no clue what Matt has up his sleeve. Oh wait...I do know what he's using...it will be a secret. Sorry Clay! I wish I could tell ya, but I believe it may be what I'm thinking and I don't want to give out false info., but if it is what I'm thinking...it will be sweet!

MTWC said...

We're all waiting to find out! ;)

Matt Brawner said...

It's coming along guys, Hey Charles, I know what you're thinking but it's not the GR Level 3. I'd have to pay like a 100 bucks to have that on here. It'll be a good RADAR. The GR is a gift to the AP7 Team.

MTWC said...

Matt, if I could make a suggestion, upgrading to your own domain name through blogger. I think it is ownly 10 buck to upgrade.