These pictures where both taken by Monica Dobbs in Glen Falls, NY, on July 26th. She writes, " There was a series of storms that moved through, and produced some good lightning in my region. They also produced, in nearby regions, hail and high winds. We were lucky not to get any of that." Now this photo is pretty amazing. As you can see, there's a cloud or fog mist right in between her house and the neighbors house. But the cool thing is, is that it looks to be forming. You can't really tell by a picture, but she believes from capturing it on camera and watching it, it was forming right above her. Cool! Thanks Monica for sharing these photos with us here in TN. I have more photos that I will continue to share with you later on this week.
I chose her photos, due to our risk of seeing some lightning later on this afternoon. While the risk is low, here's the SPC's take on what may or may not happen.
...TN/OH VALLEYS INTO THE MID-ATLANTIC REGION... SEVERAL SMALL-SCALE FEATURES MOVING EWD THROUGH BROAD/WEAKLY-CYCLONIC FLOW ALOFT OVER THE NERN QUARTER OF THE U.S. WILL CONTRIBUTE TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS AS AIR MASS DESTABILIZES DIURNALLY. WHILE STRONGEST FLOW WILL REMAIN ACROSS THE GREAT LAKES WHERE SOMEWHAT WEAKER INSTABILITY IS EXPECTED...MODERATE FLOW FIELD WILL EXTEND AS FAR S AS THE TN VALLEY/MID-ATLANTIC REGION. THUS -- A FEW STRONGER CELLS WHICH DEVELOP ACROSS THIS REGION WILL BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING DAMAGING WINDS/MARGINAL HAIL.
My forecast calls for not alot of severe weather, but for a mostly good late July/Early August rain gift. We don't get these chances too often, so any wet weather we can get...I won't complain. Here's today's forecasted high's, along with the afternoon and overnight rain chances.
Nashville: low to mid 90's; 30% chance...^ to 60% tonight
Clarksville: low 90's; 30% chance...^ to 60% tonight
Cookeville: upper 80's to low 90's; 40% chance...^ 60% tonight
Columbia: low to mid 90's; 30% chance...^ 60% tonight
Manchester: low 90's; 40% chance...^ 70% tonight