As of right now, it looks like the biggest area of concern for today is located up close to the surface low in Western KY and Eastern MO. In that location, we could also see isolated tornadoes on top of the damaging winds and large hail.
For here, at least SCK and Northern Middle TN, we could see a squall line or MCS form and move towards us late tonight into the early morning hours. Here is a list of locations and how bad it could get.
- Hopkinsville, KY: MCS arrives at around 7 pm, damaging winds up to 70 mph and hail the size of quarters possible.
- Springfield, TN: MCS arrives at around 8 pm, damaging winds up to 65 mph and hail the size of nickels possible.
- Bowling Green, KY: MCS arrives, while weakening, at around 8:30-9 pm, damaging winds to 60 mph and hail the size of nickels possible.
- Nashville, TN: MCS arrives, while weakening, at around 9 pm, damaging winds to 60 mph and hail the size of pennies possible.
- Tompkinsville, KY: MCS arrives, still in weakening mode, at around 10 pm, damaging wind gusts to 58 mph and hail the size of pennies possible.
- Gainesboro, TN: MCS arrives, still in weakening mode, at around 10 pm, damaging wind gusts to 58 mph and hail the size of pennies possible.
I didn't mention any southern Middle TN counties for a reason, as you can see by my forecast, I am predicting the MCS to be dying out once it hits Central KY and Northern Middle TN by late tonight into early Sunday morning. For those of you in Southern Middle TN, you should get your fireworks off and going with no problem, while those of us in the Northern counties will have to keep a look to the sky and ears to NOAA weather radio as I do expect we will see a few warnings pop-up here.
Sunday we could see a severe threat, but that would mainly be across the SE counties where the cold front will be stationed and the SPC only gets to the AL/TN border with the latest outlook.
***I also want to say a personal message to the soldiers of our past and present. Thank you's just doesn't seem to be enough when you guys go out everyday and fight for our freedom and Independence, I am praying that you guys will be safe and also I am praying to those families who have loved ones overseas or even the ones who are still in training or on standby over here in the states. Thank you and may God Bless the USA and each one of you!