Thursday, April 2, 2009

MDT Risk for Southeast Middle TN; Slight Risk Elsewhere

The SPC has issued this outlook for today and you can tell that they are thinking big event. While most of the risk is south of us, I do see us being hit with some supercell potential (especially south of I-40), but then an intense squall line will move through during the late evening into overnight hours which will bring with it widespread wind potential. We do have an isolated tornado threat in both the squall line and with any supercells that may form, but I believe that the wind and hail threat is the main risk, at this time. I will give you guys an afternoon update when I get home from school and we could very well see the MDT risk bumped up into our region, if a High risk is issued for parts of eastern MS/ western AL.

No comments: