Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Icy Threat Turns Into Reality

This morning as you go out and about, people to the north and NW of Nashville are dealing with a wintry start to their day. The NWS at around 11:00 last night made the choice to cancel the Ice Storm Warning and replace those areas with Winter Storm Warnings (which in my book both are bad, but since the amount of precip. we received didn't reach ISW criteria...they "downgraded" the warnings for that region which I completely agree with.) And last night once I was gone to bed, the NWS added some counties to my east on the Rim and Plateau into the Freezing Rain Advisory. Their are numerous school systems closed to my north and west (including ME!) and since theirs a good bit, I can't make a map of the closings and delayes. You can find the Middle TN and South Central KY school closings at http://www.wkrn.com/ .

No comments: